Franz Ferdinand-Beaumont Club-Kansas City (4.27.2009)

























Review: "Franz Ferdinand: Tonight"

4/27/09 Monday night, a good sized crowd packed in the Beaumont Club and listened and watched a"Rockin' awesome" band.

My highlights of the show:
The energy and musical talent of each musician on stage was amazing. Franz Ferdinand was one of those bands that I never thought I would have a chance to see. Wow. It was so cool to see a band that I have admired for a few years.
The video that was projected on a screen larger than the stage was a great touch.
Paul Thomson's drum feature with the entire band and the sweet guitar and keyboard riffs were great.

Franz Ferdinand performed all their music really well and incorporated the new and old songs with unique solos throughout. I loved Alex Kapranos's (guitar/lead singer) intensity, enthusiasm and especially his vocal range. I thought his talent stood out from beginning to end.
Franz Ferdinand's music would be classified by some as new wave indie rock music. The guitar and keyboard riffs added a unique touch to their sound.
The improvements to the Beaumont club's sound/lighting, video projector, bar and bathroom upgrades were appreciated. The Beaumont is a place I will finally go to again in order to get an up close and personal concert.
-Becca