White Rabbits-It's Frightening [2009]


White Rabbits-It's Frightening [2009]

7.5 out of 10
So everyone talks about how Spoon's own Britt Daniels has created and is apparently the father figure in the band that is White Rabbits. I however do not give a shit. The album is good. Although Sirius radio is seriously overplaying "Percussion Gun" (the lead track), it still makes me excited when I hear it.

Listeners will be easily attracted to the relentless two man drumming attack on the majority of the tracks. A gritty guitar and well placed vocals make this a rock album worth owning. I do not have the first album, but listening to this sophomore effort does make me wonder "what till they do next?" Their sound on this record seems so set in it's ways that it appears that it would be difficult to expand into unexplored territory without losing half of their fans and confusing the other half. I guess that is the challenge of finding staying power in today's music world.

-Steven